This lettuce pest and disease poster is the third in a series of Common Pests & Diseases of Vegetable Crops relevant to both field and hydroponic lettuce growers.
The first two posters produced covered cucumber and tomato pests and diseases.
All the posters are A1 in size and printed on rip-resistant, waterproof paper with fade resistant dyes.
Senior contributors of the posters from NSW DPI were Leigh James, who coordinates the poster series, Sandra McDougall and Len Tesoriero.
- Downy Mildew · Caused by the fungus Bremia lactucae
- Spotted Wilt · Caused by Tomato spotted wilt virus (TSWV)
- Septoria Leaf Spot · Caused by the fungus Septoria lactuce
- Grey Mould (Botrytis Rot) · Caused by the fungus Botrytis cinerea
- Sclerotinia Rot (Lettuce Drop) · Caused by either fungi : Sclerotinia sclerotiorum and S. minor
- Mosaic and Necrotic Yellows · Caused by viruses that are spread by certain aphids
- Anthracnose · Caused by the fungus Microdochium panattonianum
- Bottom Rot · Caused by the common soil fungus Rhizoctonia solani
- Varnish Spot and Butt Rot · caused by any of three Pseudomonas species
- Soft Rot is caused by Erwinia species
- Pythium and Phytophthora Root Rots · Caused by the water moulds, Pythium and Phytophthora species
This project was supported by the National Vegetable Levy and Ausveg